WORKSHOP “MODERN TRENDS FOR TEACHING EUROPEAN STUDIES”
WORKSHOP “MODERN TRENDS FOR TEACHING EUROPEAN STUDIES” on October 31st, in Chernivtsi.
UKRAINIAN ASSOCIATION OF PROFESSORS AND RESEARCHERS OF EUROPEAN INTEGRATION
RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF EUROPEAN INTEGRATION AND REGIONAL STUDIES OF CHERNIVTSI NATIONAL UNIVERSITY NAMED AFTER YURI FEDKOVICH
INVITE YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN THE
MODERN TRENDS FOR TEACHING EUROPEAN STUDIES
WITHIN THE PROJECT
“Enhanced Visibility on European Integration Teaching and Research”
JEAN MONNET PROGRAM ERASMUS+
31 OCTOBER 2017
The goal of the workshop: to form a more holistic view of the teaching methodology of European integration in various educational systems in the EU and in Ukraine; to analyze the current state and share the best educational practices on European studies for different target audiences; to acquire practical knowledge and pedagogical skills for teaching various aspects of European integration; to formulate recommendations for the elaboration of the methodology of teaching European studies for different target groups in Ukraine.
Date: October 31, 2017 at 10 a.m.
Venue: Research Institute for European Integration and Regional Studies of Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University (7, Nagornaya str., Chernivtsi).
Invited speaker: Karina Barantseva – associate professor of the department of law of European Humanities University (Vilnius, Lithuania). She has a significant experience in training and teaching of the European integration, in particular, was a leading expert in this area within the framework of the Twinning Project.
10:00 – 12:00 – First session. Unity in diversity? Teaching European Studies in Different Educational Systems
Iryna Sikorska, Chairpaerson of the Ukrainian Association of Professors and Researchers of European Integration
Anatoly Kruglashov, Head of the Department of Political Science and Public Administration, the Director of the Research Institute of European Integration and Regional Studies of Chernivtsi National University named after Yuri Fedkovich. Jean Monnet Chair “Coming to comprehensive knowledge of European integration in Ukraine”
- Greetings, introduction, expectations from the participants.
- K. Barantseva. Interactive presentation on the topic of the session.
Managed discussion: sharing experience in teaching European Studies in different target audiences: peculiarities, problems, findings.
12:30 – 14:30 – Second session. Interdisciplinarity, methodological diversity and innovation as part of the success of teaching European Studies?
Roman Kalitchak, Member of the Board of the Ukrainian Association of Professors and Researchers of European Integration, Associate Professor of the Department of International Relations and Diplomatic Service of Lviv National University. I. Franko Academic coordinator of the Jean Monnet Module “EU Subnational Dimension”
- A. Kruglashov. Implementation of European Studies Projects at the Chernivtsi National University (Jean Monnet project and “INOTLES”, TEMPUS), their educational and methodological value.
- K. Barantseva. A practical demonstration of modern and classical teaching tools and discussion of negative and positive experiences in their use.
- Small group work – the development of a separate element of the classroom using modern methods and teaching methods
15:30 – 16:30 – Third session. Teaching European integration in Ukraine: Combining personal teaching practices with foreign experience?
- Discuss the experience of applying methods and methods of teaching by participants of the event.
- Debriefing. The results and outcomes of the workshop. Feedback from the participants, elaboration of the recommendations for methodological support for the teaching and learning the European Studies.
Photos from the seminar can be found here: