The activity of Ukrainian Association of Professors and Researchers on European Integration is supported by Jean Monnet Programme within the project 575385-EPP-1-2016-1-UA-EPPJMO-SUPPA: “Enhanced Visibility on European Integration Teaching and Research”.
The wider objective of the project is to promote and to improve the visibility of European Integration Studies (EIS) and to initiate the transfer of this knowledge to wider academic and non-academic community with a special addressing the policy-makers.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- to provide a national vehicle for promoting a better understanding of the European integration processes;
- to develop a policy advice capacity on EU an EIS for government and civic organizations;
- to serve as a national hub of Academic Excellence and Expertise on EIS;
- to increase the quality of teaching and research in the field of European Integration Studies highlighting their different areas;
- to develop a national network of EU expertise that can be accessed by the academia, media, government and public.
The outcomes are expected:
- the platform for live ongoing discussion among the academia and wider society will be established;
- academic network will be created that will trigger the progress of academic expertise in EI teaching and learning;
- positive attitude towards European integration processes of Ukraine in general public will be nurtured;
- Ukrainian scholars on European Integration will be visible for international academic community;
- universities’ potential in teaching and research by participating staff in Association’s activities will be increased;
- competency improvement of teacher/researcher based on EU experience will be reached;
- professional interest towards European integration of Ukraine among target groups will be activated;
- enriched policy dialogue and stronger visibility of EIS at national level will be achieved.
The project “EU-EaP Academy: Supporting Next Generation of Scholars in European Studies”№ 599865-EPP-1-2018-1-UA-EPPJMO-PROJECT
The wider objective of the project is twofold: to enhance the young scholars’ research and teaching excellence in the field of European Studies with special emphasis on EU-EaP relations; to initiate the cross-country collaborative academic space of doctoral students and early-career scholars within EaP region.
- to organize the EU-EaP Academy for young researchers in Ukraine, encouraging participants from other EaP countries
- to bring together young scholars and practitioners from EaP and EU countries to provide young scholars with a well-grounded understanding of the EU-EaP relations
- to increase knowledge of the target group on the progress achieved by three EaP countries in implementing the AAs from comparative multidisciplinary perspective
- to promote the format of a truly interactive and collaborating relationship between academia, policy-makers and civil society by engaging a new generation of scholars in European Studies
- young scholars will receive an advanced theoretical and applied grounding in EU-EaP relationship from both academic and experts approach, with cross-country comparative perspective
- a more comprehensive understanding of the target groups on accomplishment, challenges and opportunities in the three EaP countries in implementing the AAs will be increased
- professional and research skills of doctoral students and early-career scholars in the field of European Studies will be enhanced
- expertise on how to engage more actively in the public and civic activities related to the EU-EaP relationship will be provided
- the network between young researchers in the EaP countries will be initiated.